- Tennis: We have a superb tennis court in the garden - the view of the Loch will put you
off your game! The cows and sheep love to watch.
- Boats: Boat trips are available in nearby Balloch or Balmaha. You can hire small boats
or take the Mail Boat around the islands. Guests own boats
can be launched at the public slipway in Balloch. The classic steamship cruises on
Loch Katnne are a fabulous day out www.lochkatrine.com
- Watersports/activities: kayaks, paddleboards, rowing, wakeboards, waterskiing, bikes Lomond Leisure 0333 5770715 www.lochlomond-scotland.com and Can You Experience on www.canyouexperiencelochlomond.com
- Fishing: Permits can be bought in the local Tourist Information Centre in Balloch
- Golf: The area has many superb municipal courses. The Carrick Golf Course on the west
side of Loch Lomond (15 minutes away) offers championship facilities on a pay-as-you-
play basis 00(4)1389 713655. To spectate at the Loch Lomond International Golf
Championship in July, the course in just 20 minutes away.
- Cycling: Bring your own bikes or hire them Lomond Activities in nearby Drymen and
enjoy the local paths and tracks 00(4)1360 660006.
- Mountains and hills: Climb the spectacular local Munroes: Ben Lomond, Ben Vane, Ben
Vorlich, Ben Namain and Ben Bhuidhe - all part of the Arrochar Alps. The smaller hills
and glens offer an equally rewarding day.
- Walking: There are many beautiful walks straight from your cottage.
- Birdwatching, photography and painting: Binoculars, cameras and easels are essential in
this beautiful area.
- Castles and galleries: Visit Dumbarton, Inverary, Stirling and Edinburgh Castles. Spend
the day enjoying the wonderfiil galleries in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- Distilleries and gardens: Visit nearby Glengoyne Distillery or enjoy spectacular gardens in Argyll.
- Trains: From nearby Balloch Station, trains will take you to the centre of Glasgow and
on to Edinburgh.